I’m always trying to find fun things to do with the kids during the summer, but everything costs so much and I just can’t do it. So I asked the kids what were some things they wanted to do this Summer and they had some pretty cool ideas. They’re very creative. lol. But, we did came up with a pretty amazing list!
- Visit a State Park. Most have a beach, playground, and walking trail. If not more.
- Go fishing. Check to see when your state is having a free fishing day (No license required.)
- Plan a hike. So many possibilities.
- Visit the zoo. Love going to the zoo.
- Catch frogs. Not my thing but I’ll tag along.
- Plant a garden. Click here for some ideas. Kids are more likely to try a vegetable or fruit if they are involved in growing it.
- Have a pool party or water balloon fight. Water balloons from the dollar store.
- Take a shopping trip. My kids said to the Dollar Tree to get sidewalk chalk, bubbles, hula hoops, that kinda stuff.
- Make fairy houses. Click here for some ideas. You can use anything! You don’t need to buy fancy items, make them yourself, use what you already have.
- Build a birdhouse. Use scrap wood! It doesn’t have to be perfect, make it whimsical.
- Go to the movies. or Rent a movie and have popcorn and candy. Great on a rainy day.
- Host a sports game. Invite the kids friends over for a game. Baseball, kickball, basketball, volleyball, badminton. The list goes on and on.
- Paint. Let the kids paint outside, give them some paper and paints and they can do the rest.
- Go see some fireworks. Check your local list of events
- Watch a parade. Check your local list of events
- Visit a farm. Usually there is one you can visit for a fairly inexpensive price, or if you know someone who owns a farm ask them if you can visit the animals.
- Go on a scavenger hunt. Get creative! Get a camera involved too
- Plant some flowers. Very inexpensive if you start them from seed.
- Plant a tree. Sometime you can even transplant one.
- Family bike ride. Always fun!
- Watch the clouds. Lay out a blanket and ask the kids what they see.
- Go on a picnic. Even if it’s in your yard, the kids will love it!
- Fly a kite. Pretty cheap to purchase, but usually you can find one laying around somewhere.
- Visit your Library. Never know what your local librarian is up to.
- Make Popsicles. Freeze Kool-Aide, Super simple
I hope this list helps you plan an amazing Summer with your kids. Let me know what else you have planned by leaving a comment below.
Also check out some of my other popular posts.